Saturday, May 15, 2010

Officially En Route

Well, the very first leg of my journey has been completed...that is....the first leg of the first leg. I'm now sitting at JFK waiting for my connecting flight to Iceland, already a 3 hour layover, now delayed another three for a total of 6 hours. At least now I'll arrive in Reykjavik at a more reasonable hour (originally I arrived at 6:30 am). The journey so far has been pleasant, despite struggling with a rolly suitcase and heavy messenger bag. I think in the end the decision to not check any baggage was a good one though, especially seeing how likely it will be that I encounter travel complications along the way.

For the time being, I'll be doing some reading to prep for my very first interview! I arrive at Reykjavik on Sunday morning and will head straight to the hostel that I'm staying at. I'll probably walk around a bit, get a bite to eat, take some pictures, do a little of the touristy thing, and then return to the hostel to prepare. I'm extremely excited for my first interview, which is with the project manager and chief scientist of the high temperature deep drilling project at Reykjanes. He was one of the first contacts I made, way back in November when I first began researching my proposal. It will be exciting to finally meet one of my contacts in person!

I better get to doing some reading!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you were delayed, I guess that is expected huh hopefully not too many.
    Take care and lol... Aunty d

    ReplyDelete